Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course is based on the program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Throughout the 8-week MBSR program you will be consciously and systematically learning to cultivate life-long tools that will help you maximize your life, even when facing stress, illness or pain.
What to expect?
Delivered in a safe and supportive environment, the class will include:
• Guided instructions in mindfulness meditation practices
• Mindful gentle yoga movements
• Stress management tools and techniques
• Self-inquiry, group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to increase awareness in daily life
• Daily home assignments and practice materials : audio files recordings for all practices (in English and French) and a home practice workbook
Language: Course guided in English with bilingual group dialogue option
The MBSR program consists of:
• Orientation (required to enroll, free of charge)
• Eight weekly classes, 2 1/4 hours each of direct instruction
• One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday, between classes 6 and 7
• Daily home practice assignments for 30 to 40 minutes each day
As a preliminary step towards enrollment in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) classes, you will be required to attend an Orientation Session in which you will learn how this secular, scientific, evidence-based method has become an accepted practice in different fields in society and discover how it can positively affect the quality of your everyday life. The orientation session is free of charge.
During this session you will have the opportunity to:
• Learn about Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and explore whether it is right for you
• Meet with the instructor to review intake questionnaire and discuss personal goals
• Experience, first-hand, mindfulness methods and approaches you will be learning during the program
• Ask questions about MBSR
• Confirm your place in the class
Curriculum for the 8-week sessions
Each week a new theme will be presented and discussed such as perceptions, the pleasure and power in being present, stress reactivity versus responding, discovery of unhealthy patterns through mindful awareness, stress hardiness, interpersonal mindful communications, integration of mindfulness in daily life.
Different mindfulness meditations will be introduced and practiced such as:
Mindful eating, mindful breathing, walking meditation, sitting meditation and body-scan.
During this 5-hours session participants have the opportunity to practice and integrate the mindfulness practices already introduced during the previous sessions. A wonderful experience to connect with oneself away from the daily fast pace of life.
Cost : $500 Full time students: $450 (tax included)
Includes Stress Reduction workbook, Mindfulness meditations audio recordings and Retreat day
Orientation Session (required to enroll, free of charge):
Date and time to be set up by participant and instructor
MBSR 8-week course:
Saturdays March 30th to June 8th from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (no class on April 20 & May 18)
Retreat day: Saturday May 11th from 10:45 am to 4:30 pm
*Limited number of participants – reserve your place
Yoga on the Park Studio
5582 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal H4A 1W3