Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course is based on the program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Throughout the 8-week MBSR program you will be consciously and systematically learning to cultivate life-long tools that will help you maximize your life, even when facing stress, illness or pain.
What to expect?
Delivered in a safe and supportive environment, the class will include:
• Guided instructions in mindfulness meditation practices
• Mindful gentle yoga movements
• Stress management tools and techniques
• Self-inquiry, group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to increase awareness in daily life
• Daily home assignments and practice materials : audio files recordings for all practices (in English and French) and a home practice workbook
Language: Course guided in English with bilingual group dialogue option
The MBSR program consists of:
• Orientation (required to enroll, free of charge)
• Eight weekly classes, 2 1/4 hours each of direct instruction
• One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday, between classes 6 and 7
• Daily home practice assignments for 30 to 40 minutes each day
As a preliminary step towards enrollment in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) classes, you will be required to attend an Orientation Session in which you will learn how this secular, scientific, evidence-based method has become an accepted practice in different fields in society and discover how it can positively affect the quality of your everyday life. The orientation session is free of charge.
During this session you will have the opportunity to:
• Learn about Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and explore whether it is right for you
• Meet with the instructor
• Experience, first-hand, mindfulness methods and approaches you will be learning during the program
• Ask questions about MBSR
• Confirm your place in the class
Curriculum for the 8-week sessions
Each week a new theme will be presented and discussed such as perceptions, the pleasure and power in being present, stress reactivity versus responding, discovery of unhealthy patterns through mindful awareness, stress hardiness, interpersonal mindful communications, integration of mindfulness in daily life.
Different mindfulness meditations will be introduced and practiced such as:
Mindful eating, mindful breathing, walking meditation, sitting meditation and body-scan.
During this 6-hours sessions participants have the opportunity to practice and integrate the mindfulness practices already introduced during the previous sessions. A wonderful experience to connect with oneself away from the daily fast pace of life.
Cost : $500 Students, Seniors: $440 (taxes and course practice material included)
Possibility to pay in installments.
Scholarships are offered to the unemployed. Please contact me about it.
Deposit of $100 to reserve your place
Orientation Session (required to enroll, free of charge):
Options: Session 1 – January 24th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm
or Session 2 – January 31st. from 6:30 to 8:00 pm
MBSR 8-week course:
Thursdays February 7th to March 28th from 6:30 pm to 8:45 pm
Retreat day: Saturday March 16th from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
*8 participants per course – reserve your place
The Open Centre
5165 Rue Sherbrooke West, #300
Montréal H4A 1T5
(one block from metro Vendôme)